Did you receive my grant application?
- If you received the automatically generated email from firstname.lastname@example.org we received your grant application.
- If you did not receive the automatically generated email from email@example.com your spam folder to be certain Broadway Bank is ‘White Listed’.
- The email listed for the Contact/Coordinator is the email address the automatically generated response is sent to.
Did Broadway Bank receive everything they needed to consider our grant request?
If you submitted your Organization’s 501(C)(3) Letter of Determination along with any additional documents you feel are important for the grant to be considered then yes, we received the required information.
I have completed the grant application and hit submit and I keep getting an error message.
Are you using more than 500 characters (not words)?
What type of information should we attach to our grant application?
The IRS 501(C)(3) Determination letter is required. Additional information is at your discretion. Items to consider attaching are:
- Information about your organization
- List of Board members
- How you will measure success
- Collaboration with other organizations
What is the amount that we should ask for?
We will not provide guidance on amounts to request. Please review the guidelines for each foundation for information. We also encourage you to review the Foundation’s 990-PF filings for additional guidance.
Is the 24-hour response time set in stone?
When will grant decisions be made?
Each foundation has its own cycle; the deadlines and decision dates are located on each Foundation’s webpage.
Information can also be found under the Deadline and Decisions tab by clicking here: https://broadway.bank/Wealth-Management/Foundation-Grants-Management/Foundation-Deadline-Decision-Timetable
Is it possible to get a site visit?
Our staff and Foundation stakeholders schedule site visits as determined by our committees. We will contact you if a site visitis being considered for your organization.
Is it possible to schedule a meeting?
Yes, meetings can be requested depending on availability.
We received a denial letter, is it possible to know why we weren’t chosen or how we can improve our application?
If your organization was not selected to receive a grant it could be due to one of the following:
- Your grant application did not meet the guidelines for the foundation
- The grant applications received exceeded the funds available to be distributed. If warranted, we will contact you to providefeedback. Please don’t let this discourage you from applying in the future.
Will foundations award grants for multi-year funding?
Multi-year grants will be considered on a select basis
Can an organization apply for funding more than one time per year?
It is recommended that organizations only submit one request per year to most of the foundations. An organization may submitmore than one grant to those foundations that distribute more than once per year.
When will we be notified of the grant decision?
Organizations are notified after the decision date of the foundation. Please click here to access the grant application deadline and decision dates for each foundation: https://broadway.bank/Wealth-Management/Foundation-Grants-Management/Foundation-Deadline-Decision-Timetable
How do we view the foundations 990-PF
- You can search for a foundation’s 990-PF by entering their EIN at the following website.
- Below is a list of the foundations managed by Broadway Bank along with their Employee Identification Number
Elizabeth Huth Coates Charitable Foundation of 1992
Faye L. and William L. Cowden Charitable Foundation
Jack H. and William M. Light Charitable Trust
Marietta K. Randall Foundation Trust
Sally and Charlie Cheever Foundation
Nancy Smith Hurd Foundation
Additional Questions Please Call (210) 283-6777